Monday, May 23, 2016

The Power Of The Green Dress

I remember being so jealous of my mother on St. Patrick's day. She had a closet of clothes she had collected for years in the color of green. I had some old crappy neon green ripped sweat shirt. That was the extent of my collection...

I got angry and pouted to the other room. "Someday you'll be old like me and have PLENTY of green to wear on St. Patrick's day" she said.

Over the years, I did collect many different items in green. I remember seeing this photo of my mother. She was big in the theater in her younger days before becoming so sick with Chron's Disease. She always had some crazy or over the top outfit on...



She loved to be SPECTACULAR. She was BIGGER than life. She spoke to EVERYONE and ONLY had the most POSITIVE things to say.

Often I was embarrassed at her speaking to EVERYONE at dinner, church, the store... God, you name it. My mom is Irish, but she thought she was FROM Ireland and many times would just don an Irish accent and I was mortified... Lol.

Years later she wore the dress in the freezing cold MN weather to a party. She donned... you guessed it, green heels but fell on the ice and broke her hip. All in the damn name of glamor.

I remember ironing the dress at my best friend's house. Mending it on her sewing machine and getting it ready for one last performance. It would be her last time wearing it. Or? Maybe her "forever" time wearing it. I guess it's how you look at it, I choose the later.


The letters in her casket are from many of you. People all over the world wrote beautiful letters to my mom. She said one night visiting she felt worthless because she was so sick. And you all rose to the occasion. I printed them out and thousands of letters were packed into her coffin. I'll remember that. Thank you.

Know when many of you also, complimented me on the dress I wore for the National Anthem last month, that they were more meaningful than many of you realized. I wanted to share the story of why I cried before I sang. I was because when I was getting ready backstage I realized what I was wearing; behold the power of the Green Dress.


You were a class act mother. You always will be. May I hold the slightest candle to you, your inner beauty and kindness to all people. How lucky I am to be able to say, you were my mom. XOXO

Ps, for you mom...



#GoldyLocks #GoldyKnows #GoldyLocksRocks #GoldyLocksBand
#LifeAfterDeath #AfterLife #HonorThyMother #Peace

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD7TK31vBu7/?taken-by=goldylocksrocks







5 comments:

  1. Your mother would be so proud of you. And you sound so much like her from what you've described. She is certainly smiling down on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, thank you. She is the only person who would have understood what's going on. I thank you for that. Check your mail my friend.

      Delete
    2. Kris, thank you. She is the only person who would have understood what's going on. I thank you for that. Check your mail my friend.

      Delete
    3. Kris, thank you. She is the only person who would have understood what's going on. I thank you for that. Check your mail my friend.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Boners & Lap Dances

What A title. I’m proud of this one because I know it will get some clicks. I just had to share this epic story with you because it's go...

Popular Posts