Monday, September 8, 2014

Fantasy vs Reality. My Little Hypothesis



Today truly brings a conclusion to a life long hypothesis I’ve had kicking around for a long time. Basically it goes like this; Get off your but and try = SUCCESS.

It’s pretty obvious isn’t it? Well if it is why don’t more people do it?

OK. READ this part with an OPEN mind ok? I’m not BASHING football! Lol. Just saying LISTEN to what I’m saying! Ha ha

I will share something personal, but it won’t make me popular with some of you. But I speak my mind here only to get you to think about my point. I have a hard time going to sporting events. I always have. You’d never know by looking at me, but I was actually pretty good at sports growing up and played many in school. I’m driven and extremely competitive. So why I have a problem with events isn’t the actual sport… it’s always been the people who sometimes become consumed.

Each year we see everyone rally, route and support his or her favorite teams. We spend billions of dollars on games, paraphernalia, T-shirts, jerseys and even fantasy football. Sometimes I wonder just how MUCH those tickets to the Super Bowl cost? What’s the most someone has paid? I’m really curious…

I see how a team for so many people become all they talk about, post about, look forward to and perpetuate. But in the back of my head I wonder this; what if at EVERY game, be it little league to the World Series, there was a donation jar? Or an electronic way of giving just ONE dollar extra per person? What if every year America voted on a cause? A platform? Even helping out our own homeless in our back yard?

We all make fun of these people. We make comments. We judge. But I’m not talking about the people who dress nicer than I do, holding a sign on the corner. That's not it. I speak of the ones that just live under a bridge with nothing. Do you know most have no family? Are mentally disabled? Or many are just physically handicapped. How the hell are they supposed to even try and work when they don’t have an address or a mind to function?

There was a man in Los Angeles I would visit every week. No legs, arms were to the elbows. He had his eyes somehow just sealed shut with deformities and his ears were grown over the same way. There was an exception of one ear that he could partially hear some sort of sound.

He held a little plastic disposable cup between the two sawed off arms. He would rock back and forth hoping at the end of the day to have some sort of way to survive.

This dude got to know me. I would sit beside him, give him a gentle pat on the shoulder 2 times and say, “it’s the goofy girl again.” He would smile. :-) Then I would tell him I was putting some money in a pocket, so that no one would steel it out of his cup. I would then tell him the amount, so he knew what he had. Remember he couldn’t see. 

That smile of his burned through to what seems like the back of my eyes. Because I still see him to this day when I close them to fall asleep. I see how much we all have and how little many do not.

What if at every game we did a one-dollar collection per person? I would love to see the passion so many people have for their sport be shared with a cause. I know many people do. I know many give. But that’s not what I’m talking about here. I’m talking about people that are so selfish they just can’t see past their remote control.

I’m always talking about surrounding yourself with good people. Well I practice what I preach. I have THE most amazing friends, family and people I work with that anyone could dream of. I’m blessed. But it’s not all luck. You start to surround yourself with WHO you have become. Through years of mistakes, errors and corrections, I think I’m finally worthy of my Mötley Crüe!

I asked people on my social media pages and friends I have met along the way at shows to all give $5.00 to get a woman going through hard times a new TV. Remember domestic abuse comes in many shapes and forms. Sometimes the mental torment, belittling and someone’s over all words can be the most devastating. I met a woman getting out of a bad situation. She is leaving with nothing nothing. She has some necessities, but one thing she mentioned was a tv. Her husband wouldn’t give her any they had. I know this seems trivial to some people, but I know she loved her TV. And to some people getting out of yuck… that’s a much-needed escape. Listen to the things people ”need” around you. It’s not always what you think.

I had a ton of people come through and donate funds. Some I’ve never even met before. The power of just “trying” If we all just think of an idea, ask for help… if it’s a good idea, hell, even if it’s not, lol, people will come. They will support.

Think of UNCONVENTIONAL ways you can help peeps. It can start with ONE dollar. Give to the people who REALLY need it. Just open your eyes to it. Don’t judge. Just take a min to start really seeing what’s out there and think of creative ways to help. It will just add to my “Hypothesis!” Ha ha.

Thank you beautiful people who gave. Do you know how much I love you? Cause I do. A whole bunch! Muah!!!!!!

PS. I stopped in to surprise this cool chick with the TV you all bought her. Here is my #GoldyKnows way of delivering. She was pretty happy. And it's because of YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AyZmpJjUOU

Love your football! Love your sports! Love all of the things that make you happy. :-) Just remember though, the next time you make such an effort to get a fantasy football team together, that there are people in true REALITY, who could really use an extra helping hand. I’m just saying… I’m just saying… Lol.


Don’t crucify me for this post! Ha ha! I’m just trying out my HYPOTHASIS!



#YWCA #YWCANashville #GoldyKnows #GoldyLocksRocks #Ellen #GoldyLocksBand #JimmyFallon #HGTV #TLC #ChelseaLately

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Boners & Lap Dances

What A title. I’m proud of this one because I know it will get some clicks. I just had to share this epic story with you because it's go...

Popular Posts