Tuesday, March 12, 2019

I Know I'm Good Looking

If THAT isn't click bait I don't know what IS! Lol 
šŸ¤£

I'm sure at first glance that's offensive. It must come across cocky and conceited. 
But it's not.

See, I started modeling, doing commercials and movies when I was a child. 


Some Kid Commercials, Click Below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9DfpGyCaEE

I went on auditions every week, if not day. 
My mother used to take me so many places God rest her soul.
I learned that my face, voice but most of all ATTITUDE got me work; 
and PAID, and paid VERY well.

By my high school years I was unstoppable because I had INCREDIBLE confidence.
Confidence, not arrogance. 

Much of my money went to pay for thing most children can't afford to pay for.
And I helped a lot of people. 
I won't get into it here, but my mom, for as sick as she was...
Well, I know I helped her.

Modeling helped ME in a different way.
You see, when I didn't get parts, I asked "why?"

"You're not chubby with freckles and red hair," one casting director said.

"Oh..." I thought to myself... because I realized I wasn't.
And I learned to NOT take things personally.
I learned to do my best at an early age and care NOTHING about rejection.
You listen, take constructive criticism like butter.
Because TWEAKING and CHANGING what was wrong can make you LOTS of money!

It's business.

I would come to school for half days, curlers in my hair and a scarf to cover them.
A student teacher called me into her office... I'll never forget it.

"You're a distraction to the other students. Coming and going, these curlers in your hair. You should think about staying home, not coming at all, or transferring to a different school."

I smiled.
I waited... 
After all, I had "confidence."

I had more life experience than this woman ever would.
Traveled the world by the time I was 8, toured, shot films...

I wasn't about to let this sad pathetic sack waste any of my time, so I simply said.

The 14k a year this school costs Ms. _____, I pay for that.
I pay for all my needs and then some.
In fact, the job I'm leaving for today, wearing these curlers, will pay for the next TWO years of my tuition, and about 15 years of YOUR salary AFTER you are a full-time teacher. 
SO if that "distracts" you... that's your problem.

I didn't ask to be excused.
I just got up and left.

I proceeded to see my face on billboards nationwide, saw myself in the television ads, circulars, magazine, and even SINGING the national brand's jingle.

I think that campaign was about 20 years of her salary. All in a few days of work. :-)

You start seeing yourself as a product, or brand, and become invincible to what others say and think about you. You can either become a monster or learn compassion towards others. I hope I'm in that last category.

There is nothing wrong with confidence and understanding that beauty, talent, strength... it's all relative. It can fade in a moment, but what you learned from having it will stay with you forever if you play your cards right. Use it for good. And to help others.

Learning they were not looking for my "look" was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. It's how I seriously don't give a **** when I get dumped or broken up with. Lol. I mean it! I move on PRETTY quickly! 
Because they weren't looking for ME! 
Get it?

Take home from this:
DON'T TAKE THINGS PERSONALLY!

Why is Karen T in this photo I posted?
Because she's one of those dingbats who doesn't KNOW yet how beautiful she is!?
She doesn't GET how AMAZING she is! 

Her šŸ’™. 
Her attitude. 
Her take on life. 
Her TOTAL beauty.

Get a clue girl.
What a joy you are to be around.
What a blessing.

Thanks for making ME look good!
I need it now! Lol
Not in high school any more!
And SOOOO glad!

Because I know ME really well.
Even with some wear and tear...
I love what I see.
We need more of that.

Love who you are.
Change the things you don't.
Be the BEST you ever.
Pick YOU.


XOXOXO

#GoldyKnows #GoldyLocks #GoldysCloset 
#SelfLove












1 comment:

  1. This is truly one of the most amazing and truest statement i have read from an artist of your standings in quite some time thank you for being so real with people. It is truly and honor to see you perform with your band you are an Awesome gift to us all God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Boners & Lap Dances

What A title. I’m proud of this one because I know it will get some clicks. I just had to share this epic story with you because it's go...

Popular Posts