Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Cashmere All Up In Here

 It was forbidden... 

I wasn't allowed in the attic as a kid. There was that dropdown latched door. The one with a string on it. It was too high for me to even reach. There was no light up there and it was cold.

For years, my mother, a product of the Great Depression would work at a department store in St. Paul MN called "Grants". She saved everything to help out at home. 7 kids in a one-bedroom house, humble beginnings, and a tight fit. 
She loved nice things but that was hard to afford.


She managed to save up every few months or so to put a new cashmere sweater on layaway. That's what you did back then. :-)


Over the years she collected quite a few pastel cashmere sweaters. It looked like an Easter egg collection up in beautiful white boxes with pink ribbon holding them together. They were in the attic and one day I got up there, ladder in tow, balancing to pull that string with a candle and matches stuffed in my pants. I wanted those sweaters! Lol


I was forbidden. But I remember sneaking one in my backpack and pulling it out at school for everyone to 'ooh and ah" and touch. I knew someday I'd have my own.

I found them after she died and we were going through her things. My eyes filled with tears as I ran my hands over that soft yarn. There were holes eaten by moths now...a sad metaphor for how life comes full circle. I can only imagine what it was like back in the 50's... I wish I could have seen my mother then.

I hear when you're in heaven... that you are at your "best year ever". Whole, healed and shining like a new dime. 
I bet my mother has on a Cashmere sweater if not too hot in heaven?

I found this cool outfit on my website www.amazon.com/shop/goldylocksrocks but I'll list it here with direct links in case you want your very own cashmere too. I think they are as beautiful as my mom must have been back then working at Grant's. Thanks for reading.




 
Click to order this GORGEOUS sweater!



 
SO comfortable!LOOK at these BOOTS!


 
 Butt lifting stretch jeans!
You'll love the way these feel and what they can DO for you.

 
 SUPER swanky fedora in MANY colors!
Click on it to check it out!


One more option for my "Cheapskates" out there!

 Save money, Look Great, and stay warm doing it!



#goldylocks #fallfasion #fallfashionists #fashionblogger 
#cashmere #cashmeresweater #fedora #Fedorahat #fallboots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Boners & Lap Dances

What A title. I’m proud of this one because I know it will get some clicks. I just had to share this epic story with you because it's go...

Popular Posts