Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Feeling Fat At The Holidays?

So, just have to share. A few days ago, the owner of my gym said, "Hey, your arms are really "turning out." I said "really?" You're BS'ing me. He told me all the boys in the back were commenting on how much my arms have changed since starting to work out there. I was really proud. Because it was unsolicited. And said by my peers. No one was hitting on me, there were just making a positive and encouraging statement.

So many times we use the “Holidays” as a justification or to rationalize eating very poorly. We make it OK in our heads to eat a LOT of crap. Everyone makes the stamen come January, “I gained weight because of the holidays…”

I’m not saying don’t enjoy yourself, but keep in moderation. That gym owner calling me out, and in a positive way, really made me want to stay on my game.  Hanging out with positive people, who encourage you is something I always strive to do.

This year, instead of just being a hog 24/7, I’m going to enjoy a “few”, that’s 2 or 3 great meals, but limiting my portions. No more 3 plate fulls of Aunt Carol’s creamy mashed potatoes! Just a serving.  That’s so important. I’m going to eat really clean for the rest of my meals. And save my fatty patty ones, for when I’m with family & friends and it means something to break bread.

When I am home at the studio by myself, I try & do steamed broccoli or asparagus and a steamed piece of wild white wish. Put lots of lemon pepper and other spices on it that doesn’t have a lot of sodium. There are so so many.

Be good to yourself this holiday. Remember, a great protein shake, low in calories, sugar & especially cholesterol makes a wonderful meal replacement. I always drink Muscle
Milk because it’s got the best ingredients out there I’ve found that I can afford.  You can even have that if you are cooking for your family and you need a calorie break. You can do it people. Just a little will power will keep that butt from going up a size or two come January!

PS. A little Goldy Knows Extra!
I can just hear people saying… “Eating healthy or clean costs too much!” Shut up. It actually doesn’t. You just have to prepare ahead of time is all. You can do this. Lol.

•••• •••• ••••

One recipe all my wrestling friends make is the following. I don’t even know what the hell it’s called.  I call it Healthy Fried Rice

• 1 16 oz lean ground chicken or turkey.

• 1 bag 32 oz mixed vegetables (If you’re not broke, get fresh asparagus, mushrooms, or broccoli) any vegetables that are green are really good. But the bagged stuff, corn, carrots, green beans etc. It’s really cheap & easy. Corn & carrots are not the ideal vegetable for loosing weight. But they are better than chips for dinner!

• 1 small onion chopped

• ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce

• 2 cups brown cooked rice or buy the instant in those bags you boil. Use 1 of those.

Brown the meat & drain.

Spray pan with olive oil

Cook onion & mixed vegetables.

•••• •••• ••••

Throw meat back into the pan.

Add soy sauce and any other spices you want to. I use garlic powder, lots of cracked pepper, hot pepper flakes.

Just cook it. You’ll know when it’s done. Make sure the meat is all chopped as finally as you can. Makes it seem like there is more in it than there is!

If you really want to make this meal stretch, then put in ice burg lettuce leafs. So make it into a lettuce wrap. You feel like you’re at PF Chang’s when you’re not! Light a candle. Tell your partner they look hot & who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky? ;-) At least if you do your gut won’t be full of junk.

This is a really great tried and true recipe that yields a ton of cups of food for you to store and take to work with you or reheat for any meal. Watch your portions! It’s that good!

Goldy Knows

#goldyknows #goldylocksrocks #musclemilk #cleaneating



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Boners & Lap Dances

What A title. I’m proud of this one because I know it will get some clicks. I just had to share this epic story with you because it's go...

Popular Posts