Wednesday, October 1, 2014

You can pick your friends, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose...

God I always HATED when my dad would start in with those stupid sayings. Lol. But you know what? There is something true to be said by that statement.

I mean, you CAN pick your friend’s nose. But how fun would that be? Pass…
I’d rather just PICK my friends. Only “I” do it a little differently than other people do.

A few years ago, I changed how I find new friends. Many people who I “thought” were my friends disappeared or screwed me over. I’m human and it hurts. The main thing is to just keep on going and not look back. Don’t take these things personally. And grow from it.

One think I figured out with my “friendship” circle is a new concept for me. I PICK my friends by who PICKS me! This is not limited to just friends mind you. I do the same with band mates, co-workers, hotties and potential partners.

The problem with this for some of us, is we are so pre conditioned to go after the “bad boys” the “hard to gets” the “unattainable.” We spin our wheels calling dick heads back and perusing those sometimes “beautiful looking people” who just blow us off.

You know the ones. You make plans for Friday night. Then never hear from them. No call, no text and no email… yet when you run into them at the store their bull shit meter suddenly turns on. “Oh! Was that LAST Friday?” I didn’t know those plans were in stone…

Yes Sherlock. Usually when I say let’s get together Friday at 7pm for some dinner, then that’s what it means. I’m not stupid. I have a calendar and I can remember plans.

We let it go, and then end up calling them again, reaching out and hoping to have a rain check on the plans that “fell through”. Screw that.

I now pick my friends by who PICKS me!

I have lots of people I come in contact with. Some are douche bags and some are the most wonderful people on earth. They show up at performances, email me, and find me on social media and even in the neighborhood. I’ve learned how to spot the creepers and then to just love and embrace the salt of the earth people.

You should try it. Take a good hard DAMN look at the people who are there for you. Those who call, send messages, give you little gifts. Maybe you don’t even notice these people. They may not technically fit into your social circle, or dress like you do, but they maybe just could be your new best friends.

On any given day where me, myself and I are throwing a pity party, feeling alone and like an alien, I’m only seconds away from being surrounded by caring people if I just open my eyes. I’m sure you are too. Look for these people. They will be the lights in your life.

Don’t waste one SECOND on someone who isn’t treating you right. In ANY relationship. If you’re in a committed relationship, have kids or commitments, then you obviously need to talk to a counselor, minister, priest or therapist. That’s not what I mean. I’m speaking about people who constantly allow them self to be emotionally bogged down by baby a$$holes they REALLY need to get rid of.

Don’t worry! Your life will be BETTER with these modifications! Lol. This last month has been a tough one for me personally and in business. But I realized some things needed to change and am inviting more and more positive people into my life by just being AWARE of the people standing in line. :-)

You ARE your own V.I.P.! So start acting like it! Don’t EVER beg for a crumb of someone’s attention! Create your OWN! And your own GREAT friendship army!

Two of the goofiest chicks I’ve EVER met contacted me after a show in WV. These crazy girls showed up and were just WONDERFUL. They continued to interact with me on social media and COMPLETELY support everything I am doing. I felt a blanket of love and knew that that kind of gift doesn’t come around every day.


So many people out there, you know who you are, you support me, email, show up, you are the absolute LIGHTS in my life. Know I am LEGIT and SINCERE when I say that. No ulterior motive, just the truth. I can honestly say, “I Love You” and I hope that comes across when I see you all at shows. Pure joy and pure love.

So these 2 crazy chicks caught wind I wasn’t in a good mood. So they decided to drive NINE hours to come take me out for a Kale salad. Wow! Now that’s pretty cool. I have guys trying to date me that can’t drive 30 min across town because it’s a “hassle”. Well, two women just raised the bar not only for whom I hang out with, but whom I date. Lol

I didn’t really believe they were coming, but as I watched their social media pages last weekend, and the photos of landmarks, I knew they were legit. And I already had their sheets cleaned and a room waiting for them. And a bunch of silly crap I made as gifts. After all, they “PICKED” me.


I don’t think I’ve ever had two people THANK me more than they did last weekend. We ate, ate, and stopped and ate again. I gained 4 pounds. Too many ice cream stops. But it was worth it!

We went Kayaking, shopping, ate at beautiful restaurants and the funny thing is I paid for a lot of it with gifts from other supporters. So many of you give me gifts cards as tips. I used those. Thank you!

I wanted to do a commemorative photo-shoot somewhere in Nashville with my new friends. I envisioned us in formal dresses somewhere crazy. But “SOMEONE” didn’t want to wear a dress! Lol. Somehow our Goodwill gown shopping experience turned into looking for pajama onezies? WTH? At the last min an 8-year-old boy’s pj’s were discovered. That’s what I wore. Or at least tried to… I couldn’t move or breathe!


I had the time of my life. These ladies even left me with some parting gifts. Funny how two people you just met can give you such cool and appropriate presents. It’s as if they knew me my whole life. I can think of baby a$$holes I dated who didn’t even give me a birthday card. You douchers… 


These chicks MADE me a custom hand crafted card! 
Step it up fools!

The bottom line peeps. Surround yourself with the best. 
Don’t settle until you find them. 
Don’t waste time on dead weight. 
Get rid of it and find someone not only lighter, 
but who lifts you up!



Pass on picking your friend’s nose, but DO let your friends pick YOU! XXOO


XXOO #GoldyKnows

www.facebook.com/GoldyKnows • www.twitter.com/GoldyKnows  

#GoldyKnows #GoldyLocksRocks #Ellen #GoldyLocksBand #JimmyFallon #HGTV #TLC #ChelseaLately

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Boners & Lap Dances

What A title. I’m proud of this one because I know it will get some clicks. I just had to share this epic story with you because it's go...

Popular Posts